Wednesday 14 December 2016

Protein Digestion Benefits From Enzymes And Probiotics

I became familiar with the importance of digestive enzymes and probiotics in a circuitous way.
I had been studying about what protein powders were the best, in terms of total nutritional content - which also led me to learning that it can be hard to digest and absorb whey protein.
The reason for the digestive problems comes from the lactose in milk and whey, which many people have stomach sensitivities to, if not an actual intolerance.
So, I not only decided to buy an all-natural, hormone-free protein powder blend of whey and micellar casein, it also included a specialized blend of digestive enzymes. This was especially important, because it was these enzymes that would increase my ability to digest and use the whey protein.
Yes, I was one of the people who often got gas and bloating from lactose.
My new protein powder was the easiest to digest, when compared to others that I had tried. And this became even better, when I also started taking a digestive enzyme supplement that was made from a blend of 16 different enzymes.
But I still wasn't taking probiotics or eating probiotics foods.
Improving Lactose Intolerance
I kept trying to learn about lactose intolerance, and ways to improve it and protein digestion. This was especially important to be, because as part of my weight lifting and fitness workouts, I was also drinking or cooking with protein powders a couple times each day.
And this was when I learned about how probiotics fit with enzymes and digestion.

Lactose intolerance is also known as lactase deficiency - lactase is an enzyme used to digest lactose. And this enzyme is found in probiotics as lactic acid bacteria. Additionally, lactase is produced during the fermentation and culturing process when making probiotics foods like Kefir and Yogurt.
Probiotics Protein Shakes And Smoothies
I now take a probiotics and GI health supplement, along with my digestive enzymes.
It's not that I am big on taking supplements; I'm actually not. I take omega-3 DHA, because of the health importance of natural anti-inflammatory, and I take a whole food vitamin that probably isn't even necessary with the nutritional health diet I eat.
And to these, I added the 2 digestive health supplements that I know, from how my stomach feels even with all the protein I eat, has worked very well for me.
But there are also 2 probiotics foods that fit very well with what I eat, and those are Greek yogurt and Kefir. These are great additions to my protein shakes and smoothies, and being able to directly add the probiotics and lactase enzyme at the time I am drink the protein.
Of the 2, I would say that the Kefir is the best probiotics. I say this because of the number of active bacteria cultures that Kefir has compared to Greek yogurt, but do note that Greek yogurt is a great source of protein at over 20 grams per cup.
Just be certain that for both of these that you get plain unsweetened brands. By doing this you will best be able to limit the carbohydrates and sugar in them.
Kefir is really amazing to add as the liquid to your probiotics protein drinks. By itself, it has a sour and tangy taste, but when you add the flavor of your protein powder, you end up getting a really thick and creamy shake that tastes really good. And getting a great taste is even easier when you make a smoothie that you added some fruit to.
What is so special about Kefir is that besides having lactase and digestive bacteria like acidophilus and bulgaricus, it can contain up to 13 different bacteria strains. And along with this, the bacteria from Kefir can actually colonize in your intestinal system - meaning that it can become part of your system and ideally continue to flourish and provide its protein and nutrient digestive benefits.
I really like the probiotics protein digestion and lactose intolerance remedy that I get from Kefir and my digestive supplements.
My nutritional health and fitness is in very good shape - and now I feel that my digestion is currently better than it has ever been; I might also add that I used to take nexium for acid reflux and don't need it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment